LegiTest Server Version History
Vote for New Features
Version 2018.2.3 [April 27, 2018]
Important Note: The 2018.2.3 release for LegiTest Server will be the last supported release for SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2.
Version 2018.1.4 [February 8, 2018]
- Update 14631: Data Driven Test parameters are now included in Notification Engine
- Fix 14019: LegiTest CommandLine does not capture console output
- Fix 14563: Deleting results that includes a published assembly does not also delete the assembly
- Fix 14724: Annotations are not transmitted correctly to LegiTest Server
- Fix 15166: Notification Engine failures prevent LegiTest assembly run histories from updating
- Fix 15187: LegiTest CommandLine doesn't respect spaces within assembly file locations
- Fix 15194: Date Time Format for Scheduled Tests does not work in non-US locale settings
- Fix 11144: When creating a System Status View, if the selected solution doesn't contain Lineage no message is presented to the user.
Version 2017.4.7 [November 27, 2017]
- New 13054: Workbench Server documentation now includes required permissions
- Update 11979: Online help documentation now includes a rolling list of release notes that include all product release notes within a single file
- Fix 9260: Report Totals do not show at the top of the Coverage Report
- Fix 10328: Exporting assert results to excel throws "The file format and extension doesn't match. The file could be corrupted or unsafe" warning
- Fix 11188: Adding a new annotation type throws a "500 Internal Service" error
- Fix 11190: Adding a new testable path throws a "500 Internal Service" error
- Fix 12566: Attempting to schedule a task throws a "String was not recognized as a valid DateTime" error
- Fix 13124: Creating a System Coverage report only allows the adding of one item
- Fix 13453: Server reports successful when test runner fails
- Fix 13455: System Dashboard's LegiTest Status doesn't show up on the dashboard
- Fix 14016: Empty Trash button does not remove assembly
- Fix 13073: The Workbench Server installer does not automatically add the "Log on as batch job rights" permission to the correct user
- Fix 13525: Within System Dashboard, LegiTest Status tile does not appear even though valid tags are used
Version 2017.3.3 [August 7, 2017]
- New 7357: Annotations are now included in a Notification template.
- Test annotations are now included in the metadata send to the Notification Engine, so they can be incorporated into emails and other messages.
- New 11010: "Select All" option now included within execution results
- New 12007: Publishing Assemblies can now be restricted with Role Actions
- New 2846: Licensing now works within environments that use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption
- Fix 10383: Altering an HTML Message Template could remove/exclude data in a Notification when sent/executed
- Fix 11113: LegiTest Notifications are not being sent when BI xPress isn't licensed
- Fix 11662: The operation has timed out error, when communicating large results to the server
- Fix 12038: Command Line request timeout is not configurable.
- Fix 12470: Update button within the Edit Annotation Types does not work
- Fix 12403: Denied Access to registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
- Fix 11086: Stored procedures CheckIfUserCanAccessSecurable and GetAllSecurableEntities are always being dropped and created at website startup
- Fix 12480: Could not load file or assembly 'ChilkatDotNet2' or one of its dependencies.
Version 2017.2.3 [May 1, 2017]
- New 6809: Added ability to suppress test failures for a set time frame
- New 9870: Tests can now be moved to trash, then deleted from the server.
- Tests can now be moved to trash from the summary page.
- Trash view has been added, this allows users to permanently delete tests from the server.
- Unexecuted assemblies can no be deleted from the server on the unexecuted assembly view on the summary page.
- New 9871: Summary Page now has separate views for Run and Not run assemblies.
- New 10272: Users can now select existing tags from drop down when tagging a test object.
- New 10331: Test management page now shows an item's most recent status in the navigation menu
- New 10911: Design system for handling authorization for cloud services
- New 11046: Notification Engine now has dynamic html template for LegiTest status
- Update 6740: The "Export to Excel" feature within Grid Comparison now provides more details
- The file name for the excel spreadsheet now includes the date and time the test was executed
- The excel spreadsheet now contains a header that includes the suite, group, test and action name as well as the start and end time for the execution
- Update 9868: Test Scheduler page has now been simplified for ease of use
- Update 9873: Added "Missing Test Runner" topic to FAQ for LegiTest Server
- Update 10978: Help documentation for setup instructions now includes details for multi-domain considerations
- Fix 9169: "Already added" warning appears when adding a new item to a Coverage Report
- Fix 9228: Spaces in an assembly name are causing them not to run from the server
- Fix 9241: Deleting a test execution fails
- Fix 9817: Side by Side table view for errors does not have consistent height on both sides
- Fix 9821: Breadcrumb located on View Details Page does not link
- Fix 9869: Tests not part of previous run are not represented as such.
- Fix 10273: Parameters containing certain special characters are not displaying properly on the test management page
- Fix 10330: Long names in management navigation menu extend past frame.
- Fix 11021: Managing a test with an existing Hyperlink template, will not load the template area for editing.
- Fix 11026: When viewing a grid comparison result on the server, rows with no information still show a hyperlink.
- Fix 10346: Some operations within DOC xPress and System Dashboard aren't responsive or appear disabled
- Fix 10382: Workbench Server does not populate Action and RoleAction tables in host database
Version 2017.1.3 [February 2, 2017]
- New 4878: Added "Two Grids" Layout for Grid Comparison Assert View
- New 5000: LegiTest Server's System Coverage report now interacts with Workbench Server's (Beta) System Status feature
- Associating a system coverage report to a view found within Workbench Server's new (Beta) System Status allows System Status to display the system coverage for any items included within both the view and the coverage report
- The (Beta) System Status can be enabled by your Workbench Server administrator through the Administration Features page
- By default, the new (Beta) System Status will be disabled
- New 6782: Filtered Dashboard now shows all of a tagged item's children even if they are not tagged
- New 7309: Users can now add their own hyperlinks to Grid Comparisons and Validations via the test management page
- Hyperlinks can be created on the test management page and viewed on the details page.
- New 7399: Test Management page now includes links to other items in the same suite
- New 8303: Test assemblies can now be run immediately after publishing
- New 8759: Include link to the LegiTest Extension on the LegiTest Server's Dashboard page
- New 6256: Users can now delete System Dashboard tiles directly from the dashboard
- New 6826: The System Dashboard is now the home page for Workbench Server
- New 9267: Workbench Server now includes public beta features that can be enabled or disabled
- Update 4882: LegiTest Server now points to NUnit 2.6.4 by default
- Update 8739: Improved product version logging at start up
- Fix 7810: Fixed Legitest Server json errors when NewtonSoft.Json is installed in the GAC
- Fix 8304: Can't see error details on server for failed steps
- Fix 8717: Notification Engine buttons do nothing if only a LegiTest Server license is being used
- Fix 9170: There is no space between the System Coverage page title
- Fix 9142: The license expiration date does not appear in the License Manager
- Fix 7803: With the addition of the System Dashboard and System Status, the header is disjointed
- Fix 7898: Workbench Server does not confirm when deleting users
- Fix 7982: License activation and deactivation messages are confusing
- Fix 8011: Workbench Server Licenses does not include access to System Dashboard
- Fix 8699: System Dashboard drop-down buttons includes erroneous icons and white divider
- Fix 8738: If Workbench Server's version falls outside a license's maintenance period, the system settings' licenses page will not display the license
- Fix 9285: "Add Domain User" button is missing
Version 2016.4.5 [October 25, 2016]
- New 4960: Scheduling tests no longer has a dependency on the LegiTest Command Line
- New 6229: Expanded items in LegiTest Server dashboard now remain expanded when done managing tags.
- New 6258: Enhanced LegiTest notifications to include grids from comparisons and validations
- Grids are now shown in LegiTest notification emails so that data mismatches or validations show the data in question in the notification email (HTML only)
- New 6266: User can now specify the End Time for scheduled test runs
- Allow the user to specify the end time on the end date when scheduling a task. If not specified, default it to end of day instead of using the start time.
- New 6278: Added ability to create VSTS work items as a notification engine target
- Notification can now automatically create work items in Visual Studio Team Services
- The template is applied to create a title for the created work item
- New 6280: Added ability to run executable as a notification engine target
- Notification engine can now run an executable on the server in response to a notification
- Optionally the templated output is passed to the executable as a file
- New 6281: Added ability to make URI GETs/POSTs/PUTs as a notification engine target
- Use notification engine to interact with HTTP APIs
- Configure the payload using the standard templating engine
- Support for basic authentication, as well as OAUTH1 and OAUTH2
- New 6282: Added ability to manually run notifications for specific tests from the LegiTest Dashboard
- New 6284: Added ability to defer population of notification engine collection objects
- Notification engine now defers some of the work in creating a notification until the notification fires, resulting in higher performance.
- New 6286: Implemented Role Based Security
- Manage Access to LegiTest Server actions based on roles.
- Manage access to tests based on roles and tags.
- New 6784: Allowed custom name for LegiTest Tile
- New 6828: Added Test Management Page
- Manage Parameters, Scheduled Tasks, Tags, and certain actions all from one page.
- New 7809: Data driven tests are displayed as separate tests on the details page and as a single item on the summary page.
- New 6723: Upgrading Workbench Server will now display a message indicating that all previous versions will be uninstalled during the upgrade process
- Users upgrading Workbench Server will now see a message indicating that all previous versions of Workbench Server will be uninstalled prior to upgrading. This is not a change in behavior from previous releases, only an update to the user interface to make it more clear as to what is happening behind the scenes. This message is only visible when upgrading.
- New 7373: Added PowerShell 3.0 or later to the system requirements for Workbench Server
- Update 6827: Improvements made to LegiTest Server home page
- LegiTest Server Dashboard is now the LegiTest Server Summary page.
- Clicking on a failed test from the Summary will take you to the details of the failed assert.
- Tags are now listed to the right of the Summary page, with the ability to filter tags moved, and takes up less real estate on the screen.
- Update 4718: Activating or Deactivating a license now redirects users to license overview page upon completion
- Fix 6226: Parameter and Data Type Name no longer overlap when editing parameters.
- Fix 6733: Navigation breadcrumb trail is not visible on the details page
- Fix 6734: Command line configuration values are not being retained when upgrading LegiTest Server to the newest version
- Fix 6735: User is now alerted if the command line can not find a valid test runner
- Fix 6738: Summary page does not refresh after a test suite is manually run from the server
- Fix 6744: Annotations now show up on the results page.
- Fix 6781: LegiTest Server does not display any error if no coverage reports load
- Fix 6800: Command Line error message reflects incorrect log location
- Fix 7331: Notification events fire multiple times for each Test Group within a suite if configured to an assembly
- Fix 6666: Licensing is now more robust and should not issue an error during installation.
Version 2016.3.7 [August 1, 2016]
- New 4879: Added ability to tag test items, and filter dashboard based on a specified tag.
- Add tags to any test object.
- Filter the dashboard for a given tag.
- New 4946: New LegiTest Status Tile
- Quickly view System Coverage for a selected tag.
- Click through the tile to view all tests associated with the specified tag.
- New 5449: Added ability to export Difference, Validation, and Aggregation Grids to Excel
- Export data grid results to Excel from the web server
- New 5473: Test Runs Detail Page now includes an easy to follow trail to track position in the tree hierarchy.
- New 6248: Test Suite notifications now include error details
- Errors from LegiTest tests are now available for use in Notification Framework
- Ability to see error messages from actions and assertions
- New 4782: While upgrading Workbench Server, most of the existing settings can be reused.
- Users can now choose whether to use the existing settings from the previous installation or choose to start fresh when upgrading Workbench Server.
- New 4923: System Dashboard for Workbench Server.
- Workbench Server's newest feature allows users to create a custom dashboard for displaying status and summary information for BI xPress' Auditing Framework and for LegiTest's System Coverage features. Users can add multiple "tiles" that are each configured for displaying concise data points they may be interested in.
- Fix 4242: LegiTest Server's Play Suite and Schedule Suite now supports editing and using parameters
- Fix 4251: System Coverage search now has a longer delay after typing and initiating search.
- Fix 4323: Duplicate TestableObjects no longer being added to table.
- Fix 4411: LTSRV is now properly recording all exceptions.
- Fix 4444: Testable objects now track partial and full runs and revert to untested once removed from tests.
- Fix 5433: When scheduling a test suite to run, it will now default to the current host name.
- Fix 5434: Dataset Comparison View properly matches columns in all instances.
- Fix 5442: Details Grid within server now properly reflects "ignore left/right rows" options
Version 2016.2.4 [May 4, 2016]
- New 4386: LegiTest supports SQL Server 2016
- New 3130: Support mapping tested assets against DOCx Inventory
- New 4161: Create LegiTest solution to verify SalesForce against CMS
- New 4259: Execute Process action now has ability hide command window on execution
- Fix 4096: Disable the "Reload Coverage Reports" button when not connected to LegiTest Server
- Fix 4097: Expected / Actual Values are reversed in Integer Comparison
- Fix 4130: Having CodeSlice installed prevents use of LegiTest files
- Fix 4094: SF #90816 - Snapshot Filtering on SQL Server source in IS provider
Version 2015.3.7 [November 5, 2015]
- New Directory Existence Assert
- Checks whether or not a directory exists at the target directory path
- New Execute SalesForce Query (Grid) Action
- Utilizes the Query and SalesForce Connection Assets to extract data from SalesForce Objects for use during comparisons
- New Extract Grid Checksum Action
- Quickly generate a checksum for specific grid and stores for later use
- New File Existence Assert
- Checks whether or not a file exists at the target file path
- New General Usability
- Allow the organizing and scoping of assets at the Test Suite and Test Group level
- Deleting an element will display a list of all dependencies when confirming deletion
- Include ability to import Tests and Test Groups from other LegiTest Suites
- Include support for negative testing, allowing users to create tests the user expects to fail or throw an exception
- LegiTest can now extract connection strings from Packages and Reports
- Quickly find all related sources for a specific action or assert within a Test Suite by right-clicking on them and selecting "Find Sources"
- Quickly find usage of a specific assets within a Test Suite by right-clicking on them and selecting "Find Usage"
- New Grid Validation Assertion
- Grid Validation Assertion utilizes the new Grid Validation Manifest to check column and aggregated values within a grid
- New LegiTest Server Integration
- LegiTest can now publish LegiTest executables and assemblies to LegiTest Server for execution
- New Read Historical Results Action
- Extracts historical results for a specific assertion saved to LegiTest Server and and compares results to current execution
- New SalesForce Connection Asset
- Utilized within Execute SalesForce Query (Grid) Actions to connects to SalesForce Objects
- New Test Generation Templates
- Quickly generate tests based on target SQL Data Sets, SSIS Packages, SSRS Reports, and SSAS Database Validation
- New Test Suite Parameterization
- Create configuration parameters and map them to the properties of specific elements
- New Timing Start Action
- Utilized alongside Timing End action to signal the start of a time period for measuring a specific length of time
- New Timing End Action
- Utilized alongside Timing Start action to signal the end of a time period for measuring a specific length of time
- New Validation Manifest Asset
- Utilized within the Grid Validation Assertion to validate expected comparison values within a Grid
- Update General Usability
- Include ability for Test Suites to be renamed
- Include enhanced type checking for more meaningful error messages
- Include ability to enable and disable tests and test groups
- Update SSIS Package Reference
- Simplify the SSIS Package Reference asset
- Fix T-SQL Bulk Insert Asset
- Bulk Insert file path now properly handles environment variables
- Fix General Usability
- LegiTest Test Suites now work in conjunction with source control
- Removed LegiTest from list of valid .NET 4.0 Project Templates
- Assets now immediately validate whether or not they are being used by another element
- Fix LegiTest Server Integration
- LegiTest now gracefully handles errors returned from LegiTest Server
- Fix SSIS Package Reference
- Include Package Reference Assets within toolbox only if the specified version of SSIS is installed and usable
- Fixed issue with password protected packages not loading properly
Version 2015.2 [September 3, 2015]
- New LegiTest Server Integration
- Publish test results directly to LegiTest Server to keep historical records and utilize BI xPress Server's Notification Engine
- Update Execute Report Action
- Add the ability to pass parameters through to an SSRS Report executed through the Execture Report Action
- Update Directory Copy Asset
- Add "Strict Mode" for Directory Copy Asset
- Update File Copy Asset
- Add "Strict Mode" for File Copy Asset
- Update General Usability
- Include better design layout when areas are collapsed
- Provide a more detailed description of error for failed tests that better identify where the failure occurred
- Add ability to automatically version test assembly upon test generation
- Better streamline the inclussion and ussage of SSIS Packages using the Package Reference Asset
- Fix Set Properties Action
- Allow properties containing brackets ("[" or "]") to be set
- Fix General Usability
- Removed superfluous teardown method created when adding a group level test teardown
- Generated code now automatically updates upon changing the order of the elements within an execution track
- Fix SSIS Assets
- Allow the modification of Project level connection strings