BI xPress is an SSIS and SSAS tool that integrates directly into Visual Studio for developers, and has a launcher application for DBAs who prefer to not work in BIDS. It allows you to quickly build packages, install robust auditing frameworks, and helps DBAs deploy packages.
Additionally, BI xPress offers an easy way to add rich auditing features in SSIS packages using custom auditing framework developed by Pragmatic Works. This Auditing Framework uses all Native SSIS features and it can track packages in real-time. Auditing Framework comes with lots of predefined reports which can give you some valuable information.
Table of Contents
The following information is saved within the BI xPress Database:
• Best Practice Analysis Results
• Which packages are currently running and which tasks are running inside the package
• Historical package execution detail for selected date range (i.e. Run time, Errors, Warnings etc.)
• Errors and Warnings by Tasks and Packages
• Run time by Tasks and Packages
• Variable values before and after execution
• Variable change history (every change to a variable value can be tracked)
• Information regarding a connection manager
• Extracted and loaded records along with their source and target information (e.g. Table/View, SQL Query, File Name, Component Name, Data Flow Name, Connection String etc.).
• Run time Trend for several days/weeks/years by Packages and Tasks
• Error / Warning Trend by Packages and Tasks
• Extract / Load Trend by Packages and Data Flows
• Extract / Load Trend by Data Object (e.g. File, Table/View or SQL Query)
Updating the BI xPress Database:
Starting with version 2015.3.7, the BI xPress database employs versioned views and stored procedures when interacting with the repository. Our current patterns aim to make upgrading to the newest version of BI xPress simple. Multiple users can access the BI xPress database using different versions of BI xPress as long as they're all 2015.3.7 and later. If any required objects are missing, the database can be updated without impacting the other users.