The option toolbar manages both the database and display configurations within the execution panel.
1. BI xPress Database: Specifies which BI xPress Database the Monitoring Console will connect to
2. Purge Database: Provides users with configuration options for purging the BI xPress Database.
1. Users can specify the start and end dates as well as the batch size in days. Users can also include optional purge filters for purging only specific executions by package name, machine name, or execution ID. Users can also specify a timeout in seconds before the purge operation errors out, with a value of zero indicating no timeout.
2. Users can execute a one time purge by clicking the "Purge Records" button or if they wish to set up a scheduled purging; users can click the "Create Schedule" to configure a SQL Agent Job.
3. Users can immediately create the job by clicking "Create SQL Agent Job". Users who wish to execute a DDL script that creates the job can click the "View SQL Agent Job SQL Script". This allows users the ability to review the SQL Script used to create the SQL Agent job.
3. Package Grouping: Toggles between organizing the package execution panel by groups or by package
4. Options: Options provides users the ability to adjust the behavior of the Monitoring Console.
1. SSIS Monitoring Console Options: Adjust the refresh rate, timeout, and max variable length options. The max variable length option can increase performance by reducing the amount of data returned from the BI xPress repository. Note that this does not affect the length of a variable value stored within the repository, only how much is retrieved from the repository.
2. Execution Range: Adjust the parameters used by the Monitoring Console to retrieve executions
3. Package and Group Filtering: Users can filter executions based on a specific set of rules.