Deploying your SSRS Objects using BI xPress
After opening the reporting performance monitor, click "Report Deployment".
The Report Deployment view is segmented into two regions that display your report server structure. The left side is considered the source, while the right is the target. In the center, the cog icon opens your server configurations. This is where you set the URL(s) for the servers you wish to connect for deployment.
Report Mover is compatible with SSRS 2008 R2 or later report servers only.
Configure your connections
1. Click on the "Configure Servers" button to open the configurations view. Note that only 2008 and above will deploy successfully.
2. Click "Add" to add a line for a new server. Provide it a name and the report server's URL. Then, test the connection. This will ensure that you have the proper permissions to access the report server and that the URL is correct. Once the connection has been validated, the Report Service endpoint will be added to the URL (unless you typed it in earlier in this step).
3. Save your connections, and click "Close".
Connect and deploy
1. Select your source and target from the drop-down above each field.
2. Select the report objects you wish to deploy from the source, and a target folder on the destination. In the example below, the user will copy the dataset "EmpSalesMonth2008R2" to the root directory.
3. Click "Deploy Reports". This will bring up the following screen
On this screen, the user is presented with the items and their dependencies that were selected for deployment. In this example, the user selected a dataset to deploy, so the data source was selected as well. If you do not wish to deploy the dependency, deselect the box next to it.
1. Configure your target path from the root of where you selected. If you wish to add a new folder within the root you selected, you may do so here. Ensure that "Create Path" is enabled.
2. Note the Items on the target that may be impacted by this deployment.
3. Click "deploy"
After completing the previous step, you will be directed back to the Report Deployment main view. Here, you will see the status of your recent actions. Review them to confirm that the report items were successfully deployed.