BI xPress Server's Auditing Framework allows users with web browser access to add, remove, or edit BI xPress' package auditing feature to SSIS 2012 and higher packages stored within Project Deployment Files (ISPACs), which provides users with an easy way to obtain rich auditing information from package executions.
The BI xPress Server Auditing Framework tracks the activity of any SSIS packages that it has been applied to, capturing useful information such as errors, warnings, runtime details, and much more. The detailed information captured is then stored within the BI xPress repository and saved for analysis using the Monitoring Console.
• Record critical performance data about SSIS packages
• Consists of native SSIS components
• Auditing is self-contained in each the package
Table of Contents
If you are attempting to apply or remove the Auditing Framework from an SSIS Package that contain Third-Party Component(s), the machine in which BI xPress Server's Auditing Framework is installed on will also require the Third-Party Component(s) installed on it as well.
That being said, the Auditing Framework may not work properly with third party SSIS components that are not configured to work with event handlers.
The following changes will be made to the SSIS package when you apply the Auditing Framework. These changes are done based on options selected during application of the Auditing Framework:
• A new BI xPress Connection Manager will be added that points to the BI xPress Database
• New configuration(s) or Package / Project Parameter(s) may be created
• Package level Event Handlers will be created to capture information within the OnError, OnWarning, OnPreExecute and OnPostExecute Events.
• Row Counts will be added after the source adapter and before the target adapter within every Data Flow task. These row counts will be used to track information regarding the extracted and loaded rows.
• Variables are added at package level scope to store row count for each Data Flow.
• Variables are added in the OnPostExecute event handler scope to store certain information regarding each Data Flow's source and target (e.g. Query, TableName ...)
• Package layout and task lists are updated whenever the package is saved or closed within BIDS, VS, or SSDT. This helps to track executions within the Monitoring Console. Layout changes are only tracked if the BI xPress add-in is loaded.
Do not alter any of the task names or descriptions created by BI xPress as BI xPress will not recognize any previously created tasks.